We never understand what a person is going through until we put ourselves in his or her shoes; until we change our perspective and come to a new level of understanding; until our hearts can empathize. Put Yourself in Her Shoes, bring an end to abuse is not only an event, but a massive awareness campaign that demands a public response to domestic and family abuse.
Abuse has no boundaries; it comes in various forms, including human trafficking, rape, and child pornography. The most common form of abuse is domestic violence—an issue found worldwide.
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten
- Everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends;
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup*.
- Between 0.3–11.5% of women reported experiencing sexual violence by a non-partner since the age of 15 years;
- In South Africa a study of people aged 13-23 years found that 42% of females and 38% of males reported being a victim of physical dating violence**.
(*www.domesticviolencestatics.org)(**WHO I Violence Against Women Factsheet #239 www.who.int)
As Founder of Platinum Charities Foundation (PCF), I wanted to develop a program that not only confronted abuse, but one that took families from rescue and survival to empowerment and transformation. PCF is committed to providing homes in each of the 32 NFL cities across America for domestically abused women and their children.
With this initiative, creator of Put Yourself In Her Shoes (PYIHS), Cecile Mitchell along with journalist, Jillian Mitchell, put together a plan of action to raise funds for PCF’s mission. Through the union between fashion, sports and entertainment industries, and the cooperative partnerships with businesses, PYIHS campaign will create dynamic initiatives and humanitarian service projects across America. This campaign is inspired to further educate the public about abuse and sexual violence, gain on going support for PCF’s vision, and honor women of all ages and nationalities.
Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to working with you!
Founder, Platinum Charities Foundation